Thursday, April 13, 2006

Finding nonprofit Drupal / CivicSpace developers

In conversations with Drupal developers, I usually ask if they focus on working with nonprofits or not. If they don't their typical reply is that they work with anyone, including small businesses and nonprofits. I'm not going to argue the pros and cons of separating out nonprofits from other types of clients (if only to make them feel special?....), but I'll use the developers own words to differentiate them.

So I've stuck a very basic overview of Drupal and CivicSpace developers who focus on nonprofits / NGOs on the Net2Learn site (which is still working out the kinks, but go ahead and look at it) - along with resources for finding any type of Drupal/ CS developer.

Please feel free to comment there or here on add'l resources, or pros/ cons of segmenting nonprofits / NGOs from other types of clients. (I know where I stand, but I'm not going to make my case for it right here and now).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

A Drupal related question; I'm working on Helpalot, a decentralized charity website with social network aspects (more about the project at www.makingthesite.com).

Do you think that the testversion of the site can/should be build in Drupal?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Greg Beuthin said...

I think the usual answer is: Yes, Drupal can do it. However, there are some caveats - the social networking component of Drupal is still in development. Right now it looks a lot like this: groups.drupal.org

So if social networking is central to what you want to do, then I might explore some other possibilities too. A great place to start is the online event hosted by TechSoup:
http://www.techsoup.org/fb/index.cfm?fuseaction=forums.showSingleTopic&forum=2033&id=63334&cid=117

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home